Sunday 25 August 2013

spring/summer 2014

I was recently invited to attend the ENK International Children's Club Show in NYC to preview the latest in children's fashion for spring/summer 2014.  The summer is almost over and I'm already looking forward to next summer vacation already.  The neon trend is definitely still going strong for next year and lots of British and European brands are happily making their way across the pond.  Here are some of my favorites from the show:


I absolutely love the British brand Rachel Riley and the summer 2014 collection is just too cute to miss.  Rachel Riley is known for their traditional children's clothing inspired by the 1940s, 50s and 60s.  The collection is really fresh with pops of neon for both boys and girls that really stand out.  Rachel Riley has definitely caught the Royal Baby fever and there is an adorable infant collection for all the little princes and princesses printed with crowns and tiaras.  



I am completely obsessed with ballet flats and can't live without them.  Yosi Samra Kids has seriously the most adorable little ballerinas in an amazing selection of colors, prints and designs.  Luckily they do a line for adults or else us mommies with be really jealous!  The flats look super comfortable and are perfect for all those little fashionistas.  My favorite are the patent cap toe flats and may have to get those for my girlie in a couple of colors.


Barefoot Dreams is another favorite in our house and both of my kids can't sleep without their fuzzy little blankets.  What could possible make Barefoot Dreams better than it already is???  Hello Kitty of course!  I can't get the Asian girl out of me and thankfully I have a daughter I can pass this obsession on to.  The Hello Kitty collection is already available and we don't need to wait until next summer to get our hands on it.


To get me through the cold and long London winters I have relied on 7 A.M. Enfant since the birth of my eldest son.  7 A.M. Enfant make seriously functional accessories while looking tres chic.  All of the pieces are made exceptionally well and my Le Sac Igloo still looks brand new after all these years.  All of the fun neon colors from the new collection are sure to brighten up any gloomy day.  I definitely need a pair of the warm muffs for pushing the kiddies around this winter and the kids version for the scooter is just genius.  In addition I'm digging their new bag collection and they have really thought through what us busy parents need when we are on the go.  The Hamper is just genius and this is the exact bag I've been designing in my head for years.  With a handy drawstring that can fit loads inside, a shoulder strap that can be worn and the best part it can easily be attached to your buggy/stroller with a Velcro strap.  I've got loads more to share so look out for another post on their amazing pieces!


Staying safe in the sun is a huge priority to me and I'm always making sure my kids are properly covered up in the pool.  It's probably because my husband's skin is quite fair and burns just by looking at the sun.  Luckily the kids seems to be a bit more resilient despite seeing sunshine for only a handful of days all year long.  Sunuva has an amazing collection of UV children's swimwear that means you can worry about one less thing while out at the pool/beach all while looking very stylish.  How cute is the skull design from the summer 2014 line?  I'm also really excited about the infant swimsuit with the floats built in.  Really wish I had one of these this summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment