Friday 11 October 2013

winter blacks 2013


So instead of complaining how cold it has gotten all of a sudden I am going to be grateful that September in London this year has been so lovely and I'm looking forward to snuggling up in my winter wardrobe.  Honestly I do prefer winter clothes as I have a slight addiction to coats and boots.  The best part about the coming months is that I can once again wear head to toe black and this is seriously the easiest way to look instantly chic.
I definitely believe in investing in a great pair of boots and fabulous coat for the winter that are stylish and utilitarian at the same time.  It's so easy to throw these on for the school run and look really well put together.  I'll bet no one will really think twice about what you have on underneath.  There are 3 types of boots that I wear to get me through the cold season:

(From the Top) 
1. The Knee High Flat Boots for day and night
I purchased these Stuart Weitzman 5050 in Black Suede boots seasons ago and were such a good buy.  The elastic in the back part of the boot makes it easier to slip over jeans/legging and got me through 2 pregnancies with swollen feet.

2.  The Biker Boot
I've worn my biker boots to death and I would love to own these Valentino Studded Leather Biker Boots.  The studs on the already edgy biker boot makes these Valentino ones that much cooler.

3. Wellies
Wellies are probably what I end up wearing most during the year with this crazy London weather.  I am so excited about the Hunter and Rag&Bone collaboration for a pair of wellies stylish enough for all of the fashionistas out there.  I love the color combination of these Hunter + Rag & Bone Tall in Black/Navy and the zipper up the side not only looks great but is practical at the same time. 


Now a girl can never have too many black coats and I'm very into these chic black wool coats with leather detailing.  They can easily be worn over a pair of jeans during the day or thrown on top of a little dress for nights out.  They are relaxed and stylish without being too casual.

(From the Left)
What a great twist on the classic peacoat with the leather patches on the shoulder and wrists.

This coat is currently in my closet and I can't wait to wear it out!  I love the leather straps and the leather elbow patches.  Most importantly it covers my bum so I won't be freezing out there.

The furry hood is super cozy and the coat is very edgy with the bias zipper and leather sleeves.  These French brands just know how to do black right!




No comments:

Post a Comment