Tuesday 26 February 2013

poor little winter hands


It's been a long freaking winter!  I'm going crazy, the kids just want to play outside, and my hands can't take it anymore.  The water is so hard in London and with all the constant washing my hands are taking a real beating.  They are cracked, chapped, and just plain dry.  I've been trying out loads of hand creams and most just don't really do anything for me.  These are the ones that have been getting me through this winter season.

E45 makes excellent unscented moisturizers without having to break the bank.  Great to use on sensitive and eczema prone skin.  I lather both of my kids after bath with the E45 creams.  So I gave their hand cream a try and it's a good one to use on a day to day basis.

I just started using the La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Repair Baume this week and I am totally hooked!  It cost slightly more than the E45 hand cream but it means business.  I've only used it a couple of time and definitely noticing a huge difference on my hands already.  It contains 5% Panthenol which is a form of vitamin B5.  No idea what this means but it really works.  The great thing is the balm can be used on all types of skin irritations such as nappy/diaper rash, dry lips, cracked skin, and eczema.  It can be used by the whole family including babies so great to have in the house.

When it gets really bad I lather on loads of cream and sleep with the Bliss Glamour Gloves.  I might look crazy and of course it's not the hubby's favorite but I wake up with much softer hands.  I really like the Bliss cream as well but of course I think I love anything Bliss makes.

And if you really feel like spending the big bucks then totally splurge on the La Mer Hand Cream.  It is the creme de la creme of hand creams and definitely worth forking over the big bucks for.  It's super luxurious and smells amazing!  I use it sparingly in combo with the other creams to make it last longer.  There may be some tears shed when you run out!

If all out fails then a manicure followed with paraffin wax treatment will rejuvenate these tired hands.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Great post. The one from Aveda is awesome too. That's my holy grail of hand creams. Hope you and the family are well.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete