Thursday 28 February 2013

essie diy home manicure


When I look down at my hands sometimes I am just appalled by the state they are in.  One thing I really miss about New Jersey is how affordable manicures are and getting a mani weekly or biweekly won't hurt the bank account.  However in London manis and especially pedis cost a freaking fortune.  When I do go for a mani now I tend to splurge and go Shellac since they last so much longer and I don't have to worry about chipping them.  In between I've taken matters into my own hands due to lack of time and money.

My sister introduced me to the concept of the "bling nail".  Seriously sometimes I feel so out of touch with trends and what happening in the non-baby world.  So I dug around my nail polish stash and thought Essie's Luxeffects Set in Stones would make the perfect sparkly bling nail.  It's a great polish because it has multi-sized silver glitter circles in it so gives it real depth.  I like keeping a bottle of glittery silver and gold around because they are so much more forgiving and you don't notice imperfections in them.  I paired it with a neutral gray polish that I have been dying to try out, Essie Chinchilly and love how the two gray tones work together.  I always use the Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat and stock up whenever I'm in NJ.  It really does the job and leaves a hard shiny finish.  I've just started using the Seche Base Crystal Clear Base Coat which provides a nice smooth base to apply the colors on top.  It's nice because it's got a tint of white in it so you can actually see what you are doing.

I really like mixing up the nail colors just to make my hands a little sparkly and more interesting.  Definitely going to try more color combos on a quiet night in.


2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the idea of multi-sized glitter circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying hard to keep my eyes open while typing the post ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete