Saturday 4 June 2011

Our First Guest Post by Stroller in the City


So excited to be “guest blogging” for Lattes and Juice.  Since we are both new to the blogging scene,  I feel like we had an instant connection.  Also, it’s interesting that we have similar tastes even though we live in different countries.

In August 2008, I became a mom when my son Ryder was born. NYC has so much to offer for little ones which I was oblivious to pre-baby. I decided to start posting about places to shop, eat and play and suddenly Stroller in the city was born. Here, I will share my top 5 favorite children’s boutiques in NYC.

1. Crew Cuts
Crew cuts, which is the children’s division of J. Crew, is my favorite place to find all of Ryder’s basic essentials, such as graphic tees and skinny jeans. Starting at size 2 toddler, I had to wait for him to sprout a bit so he fit into some of these goodies. I’m so excited to have a baby girl on the way to purchase all of the trendy styles but of course, I have to wait to get her into them since she’s not here yet and I’m due in 3 wks. Wish they would make baby sizes already J

2. Babesta 
Located in the heart of Tribeca, Babesta is my go to store for all baby gear needs, such as cribs, strollers, bedding, etc. They also have another store a few blocks away stocking only the coolest clothing in town, including my beloved Creative Recreation sneaks.

3. Sweet William
I cannot say enough how much I love love love Sweet William. With two locations, one in Soho and the other in Brooklyn, you will never leave this store empty handed. Stockists include: Wovenplay, Atsuyo et Akiko, Mini Rodini and Bobo Choses. They never fail to have the chicest clothing and accessories on hand.

4. Yoya
Yoya is located in the uber trendy Meatpacking District.  I use to have my business down there so I always made sure to stop and shop here while I was preggers with Ryder. My husband wanted to kill me because Ryder had a bigger wardrobe than him even before he was born! Whenever I’m in need of a special gift, I make sure to go to Yoya. Oh yeah, make sure to have lunch at Pastis afterwards.

5. FAO Schwarz
FAO Schwarz is a NYC landmark and a must see for kids of all ages. We try to stop in every time we venture uptown. My son loves all of the plush and very oversized stuffed animals that are displayed in the front of the store. Stocking only the newest and coolest toys, you name it and FAO carries it. Make sure to check out the dance on piano before leaving this three story “childrens paradise”. And I promise you, your children will NOT want to leave.




No comments:

Post a Comment