Monday 18 March 2013

rainy saturday at harrods


One of my favorite place in all of London is definitely Harrods!  I could seriously spend endless hours in there and never tire of the experience.  There really is everything you need under one roof from luxury goods, fashion, beauty, jewels, the food hall, Laduree, and amazing selection for children.  Luckily it happens to be one of my Little Monsters absolute favorite places too.  Guess it runs deep in the blood!  

One of the tricky things about having 2 kids I'm finding is getting to spend enough one-on-one time with each of them.  There's so much time at the end of the night feeling guilty hoping that I'm am doing enough.  I was delighted on Saturday when my husband took Baby Girl for some bonding time so my Little Monster and I could head to Harrods to do some birthday shopping for Baby Girl who is almost 1 year old!  It was the perfect day to escape as the weather has been typically English, gray, rainy and cold.

It was such a pleasant surprise once we arrived that there were a lot of activities going on for the children on the 4th floor (kids fashion) for St. Patrick's Day.  There was Irish dancing which the Little Monster really enjoyed watching and we had our very first face painting experience.  Those of you with little boys will fully understand where I am coming from but the kid actually sat still without moving for a good 10 minutes!  Little Monster asked for a dinosaur and it was actually the face painters first dinosaur as well.  She did such an incredible job and the Little Monster was beyond thrilled!

We headed down to the Toy Kingdom which is heaven for any child.  My kid has got the plan memorized and knows exactly where to head once he steps foot in the Toy Kingdom.  He runs for the Hornby Trains that of course are not age appropriate and cost an absolute fortune.  Lucky for me this time Oska-Poska, the trendy Harrods bear, came to great us and we followed him to story time.  There are all these bright colored circle cushions lined up on the floor for the kids to sit on.  The whole setting is so sweet and all the kids were having such a great time.  We will definitely be going back for more stories.

We actually didn't get much shopping done because we were having so much fun which leaves me with a good excuse to go back.  Be sure to sign up for the Mini Harrods club to get emails and updates about the latest activities in the shop and also to start collecting points for any purchases made.

87-135 Brompton Road
London
SW1X 7XL




don't forget to sign up for my diptyque candle giveaway!
*DEADLINE 27 MARCH 2013*


No comments:

Post a Comment