Thursday 5 May 2011

ARGH!!!



Apologizes for the lack of posts this past week but I've had my hands full around here.  After 5 years of living in London, I have finally decided to get my UK driver's license.  No it's not as easy as it sounds since they make it pretty difficult to get one here.  First you have to apply for a provisional license where the DVLA hold your passport hostage for about a month.  Luckily I did this years ago and my provisional is still valid.  So I am currently studying for the exam next Saturday, if I make it without dying of boredom.  The main part of the exam is 50 multiple choice questions but the study guide is 400 pages filled with about a thousand plus questions that will possibly be on the exam.  Everything is pretty detailed and specific and you can bet as soon as the exam is over I won't remember a thing.  Then there is the hazard perception where they make you watch 14 one minute clips of simulated drives and you have to recognize all the potential dangers in each clip.  B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!


Then the fun really begins by having to take some driving classes in manual!  I definitely know how to drive stick but was self taught and I'm not skilled enough to pass a driving test.  Down-shifting is a total enigma to me and coasting is a huge no-no.  And finally a one hour in car examination doing maneuvers such as backing around a corner, having to check 10,000 things before entering a round about, and lots more fun!  I seriously cannot wait for all of this to be over.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with it! It's not that tough I promise!

    ReplyDelete