Thursday 23 May 2013

inspiration for playing indoors


As I'm sitting at home writing this post while simultaneously watching Barefoot Contessa, a commercial is on tv stating that "You don't need sunshine to have a great picnic!"  Um yes you do and is this really what the British summer is all about?  In my 7 years here it has never been this bad and it might take a couple for years to fully adjust to the never ending gray.  It's nearly July, the heater is cranked up in the house and I'm wearing a cashmere cardigan.  I am so over not being able to take the kids outside to let them loose in the park.  The weather has been completely bi-polar the past couple of weeks, one minute it's blue skies and the next it's dark gray clouds and raining.  It makes dressing in the morning impossible as you need to have winter and summer clothes on at the same time. I guess complaining about the weather is a truly British pastime.  

Oh how I wish my house was big enough to have an amazing playroom for the kids instead of having our only living room taken over by trains, scooters, bikes and kids stuff.  I would absolutely love to have an amazing tent or teepee/wigwam in the house which could really entertain the kids.  I find it just as fun watching them role play and letting their imagination take over.  I have a pop-up tent of the London Underground that easily folds away but it's not nearly as pretty as these play rooms!  I should probably speak to my architect about making a space for an enormous tent in our new extension.  Sure he would love to solve this problem.

Above is some eye candy to drool over and I would happily take any one of these spaces in my house!

Top Row:
RH Baby & Child Recycled Canvas Play Tent - Perfect for boys and even has the RAF logo on the tent.  PS please please please ship to the UK Restoration Hardware!!!

Ferm Living Kids Tent - Super stylish with the black and white stripes and coral trim.  It even folds down flat

White Teepee - This room is just so beautiful.  Love the all white look mixed in with soft neutrals.  Absolutely no juice allowed in here!

Girlie Playhouse - This room is so sweet and love all the detail on the playhouse from the white lattice work and the neutral striped fabric roof.  What little girl wouldn't love this room?

Bottom Row:
Cardboard Rocket Ship - My little boy is obsessed with rocket ships and could have so many adventures in this cardboard rocket.  It's great because kids can decorate the outside with stickers, markers, paint, etc and really make it their own.  Gorgeous Gold Star Cloud Mobile from Etsy Shop Baby Jives Co really adds to the imagination.

Neon Birthday Party by Hello! Lucky - Hello! Lucky is my absolute favorite stationary brand.  Our wedding invitations, Christmas cards, and personalized stationary all come from here and I adore their letterpress items.  And you can see why I love Eunice and Sabrina (the founders) for their amazing creativity and sense of fun found in all of their designs.  How cool are these cardboard houses decorated with neon duct tape?

Elephant Teepee Tent by Moozle Home - I love the simply white canvas tent with the little elephant detail.  The patterns on the elephants are super cute and would work well in any decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment