Wednesday 29 May 2013

tres gourmet toys for sophisticated tots


I was totally inspired by a recent post from the fabulous children's blog Bobby Rabbit on gg*'s toy crepe set.  It made me long for a trip to Paris and actually got me thinking about all the French foodie toys I have in my house.  Both of my kids spend a lot of time role playing in our toy kitchen cooking up a storm (and making a mess in the meantime!).  We are lucking living in London where we are able to get our hands on delicious French pastries and goodies quite easily.  We eat a ton of croissants, pain au chocolats and macarons in this house and both of them really love playing with their French food.  Hopefully it will help them be more adventurous in trying out new foods.  Now where do I get some pretend escargots and steak tartare???

Top Row:
Djeco Wooden Macaron Set from Tickety-Boo - I was gifted this set for my little girl's 1st birthday and the kids never stop fighting over them.  They come in the cutest little pink box.

Le Toy Van's Wooden Baker's Basket - Both of my kids love eating croissants and they both adore this bread basket.  Comes in a lovely little wooden crate that can be used with Le Toy Van's market stand set for even more role playing.

gg* Crepe Shop Play Set from Sister's Guild - I absolutely love everything about this crepe set and totally allows the children's imagination to run wild.  This is definitely on my list to get for a reward!  Be sure to check out the rest of the Sister's Guild online boutique as they have such an amazing selection of kids goodies that are truly unique.

Bottom Row:
Djeco French Patisserie Set from GLTC - Can you tell I have a sweet tooth?  Love the little details on all of the treats.

Moulin Roty Monday Market Play Set from Alex and Alexa - How cute is the packaging with all of the little water color illustrations?  You will only find camembert and sardines in a French play set.

Chocolate Box from Le Toy Van - And what French kitchen is complete with out a beautifully decorated box of chocolates?

Bon Appétit!



No comments:

Post a Comment